10 Reasons Why Landscape Designers Are So Expensive (With Illustrations)
So what’s the big deal? Why can’t landscape designers provide a simple design without charging an arm and a leg? How hard can it possibly be? Here are some reasons why:
1. A landscape designer might go through five different designs before landing on the one that the actual client sees at the end of the day.
2. A landscape designer might go through five more designs before landing on the revised design the actual client sees after addressing said client’s comments and concerns.
3. A landscape designer must think about how each designed element will behave on a site-by-site basis.
5. Although the client usually only sees a 2-deminsional plan, a landscape designer has also designed the entire vertical dimension in their mind as well.
6. Conducting an accurate site survey can take a surprising amount of time.
Venessa Lines, Blog Contributor
Cooperative Design Resource, LLC.